Once you get home, after spending all day in the office, or after spending all day running your children around from event to event, cleaning is probably the last thing you want to do. You’ll probably have no energy left for a thorough cleaning even if you do tidy up (you know how difficult it can be to mop multiple times and give everything a thorough wiping down?). Even though it seems as though hiring a maid service is the best option, it makes you cringe to think of allowing strangers into your home openly. There’s no reason to feel bad, you have every right to be cautious about hiring a cleaning service. Sunflower Maid Service Overland Park has some nice tips on this.
Here you can find 5 excellent tips for how to spend the least amount to get the best maid service possible, as well as having some faith in them while they are cleaning all of your valuables.
1) Ask People. Who can you trust if your own family and friends can’t be trusted? When you’re searching for a reputable and reliable maid service, ask those individuals whose opinions you respect and trust. Certainly, word of mouth is the best method of advertisement, and it always will be. You can always ask your family and friends about any cleaning services they might use. Ask them if they like it as well as why or why not. It will help you immensely in choosing your own service.
2) Background Checks and References. Whether you are hiring a full maid cleaning service or just individual maids, you deserve to be allowed to see a background check as well as references. Ask for them without hesitation. Just as an employer can check a potential employee’s criminal history, you have the right to check with a maid’s previous employer and verify his or her work ethic.
3) Go with Your Gut. When hiring a maid, as with just about anything else, you should trust your instincts. If it makes you feel more comfortable, schedule the appointment at a time when you’ll be home, so you can get to know your maid (or maids) on a personal basis. In general, a lot can be learned about a person just by meeting with him or her for a few minutes. If you find that there is no chemistry or respect, then you’ll probably want to look somewhere else.
4) Check Twice. While it might seem like just being picky, you should examine your entire house after your maid has finished cleaning. You can do this either with him/her or alone-whichever makes you feel the most comfortable. The important thing is that you ensure the maid did a thorough job and scrubbed all of the hard-to-reach places. If you’re not completely satisfied, there are two ways you can attempt to fix the problem. You can either stop using their services, or you can complain and tell them how they can do better on their next visit.
5) Express Your Expectations and Preferences. Are you trying to be green to save the Earth? Do your child’s allergies get triggered by some cleaning products? Do you not only want your house cleaned, but meals cooked as well? One important thing is that you should discuss your needs and desires right away, before you even hire a maid service. When the lines of communication are open and you both have a mutual respect for one another, you’ll look forward to a spotless home and a new found friend!